20 Fun Facts About Coffee

  1. Coffee has less than 10 calories per cup by itself
  2. The only state in the United States that grows coffee commercially is Hawaii
  3. The famous German pianist and composer Beethoven, had a well-known obsession with coffee
  4. Coffee trees bear fruit for 25-30 years, but only takes 3 to 4 years to mature
  5. All the coffee grown in the world is grown within 1000 miles of the equator
  6. The term "Coffee Americano" was derived from when American soldiers in World War II would order an espresso reduced with water because the taste was too strong for them
  7. Arabica beans make up 70% of the world’s consumption of coffee. The remaining 30% comes from the Robusta bean
  8. A Venti coffee at Starbucks has the caffeine equivalent of almost 10 cans of Coke    
  9. Studies have shown that Coffee has been found to decrease the risk of the disease Cirrhosis, which can cause liver failure and potentially cancer
  10. The State with the highest coffee consumption in the United States is New York
  11. Espresso is not a specific roast, bean, or blend. The term comes from the preparation of grind and brewing method
  12. The entire world consumes over 1.5 billion cups of coffee every single day
  13. The national beverage of Ethiopia is coffee. Ethiopians actually have a ritual ceremony to consume their coffee which typically takes about one hour.
  14. Over 100 cups of coffee could actually be lethal for a human to consume. That much caffeine would most likely create a heart attack or seizure within a person.
  15. People originally ate coffee beans as a food.
  16. Coffee is actually a fruit
  17. People have attempted to ban the consumption of coffee 5 different times throughout history.
  18. 80% of adults in the United States consume caffeine every day
  19. The first food to ever be freeze-dried was coffee
  20. The world's most expensive coffee is $600 a pound and is called Kopi Luwak

Comments are closed.

Want to Get The Buzz?

Get your coffee fix by subscribing to our deals and newsletter! We will send you a monthly discounts on coffee and keep you up to date with the latest Bean Buzz.